|Miss C. Nix||Mrs D. Hitchcock|
Our topic for Summer term 1 will be Homes and habitats!
We will be focusing on how to care for animals, the different habitats they live in and their different names.
Reminders and Routines
- Children should bring a water bottle and snack to nursery each day.
- Please ensure all personal items are named.
- Library books need to be returned on a Tuesday so that they can be changed. We encourage the book to be shared together at home along with other stories to develop a love for reading
- Children should be encouraged to develop their independence by doing as much for themselves as possible, this could be carrying their own belongings or putting on their coat.
- Please could children attend Nursery in their ‘running clothes’ on a Tuesday and Thursday for PE.
29th March 2021
We have been busy working as a team to clear and plant new seeds in our flower bed. First, we collected all of the leaves and put them into the brown bin. Next, we used spades and forks to dig and turn all of the soil over. Finally, we planted wild flower seeds. We can't wait to watch them grow and attract the bees.
nursery gardening 29.03.215th March 2021
We have been exploring how ice feels and what happens when we touch ice. We experimented using different ingredients and adding them to the ice, we waited and watched what happened. We also created our own pictures using ice that had been mixed with paint.
We have been enjoying trying different toppings on our toast. We have also been trying very hard to spread our own butter on the toast. We then sat in a circle and shared out toast with our friends.
4th December 2020
This week the whole school have been taking part in Arts Week. In Nursery and Reception we have been celebrating with lots of different activities; making plastic bag jellyfish, sensory bottles, sea-shell headbands and designing our own starfish. We also worked really hard to learn the song 'Five Little Seashells' - please see our video to see all of our fabulous singing! We hope you enjoy it!