|Mrs H Lyon (M-W), Mrs E McCarthy (T-F)||Mrs W. Clarke|
|Miss L Mawby||Mrs A. Fox|
|Mrs K Hanlon||Mrs R. Wiggins (HLTA)|
This term our topic is All Abroad. We will be looking at Africa and comparing the two countries and creating some African art. We will be inventing our own animals online using the programme Switch Zoo and then producing a non-chronological report. In Science we will be looking at animals and their habitats, and making our own habitats in shoe boxes. Later on in the term we will be looking at holidays through the ages, and how they have changed.
Reminders and Routines
- Read at least 3 times per week with an adult at home.
- Practice counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Friday - please check the year 1/2 home learning platform to find this week's homework
- Please remember to bring a water bottle and a healthy morning snack to school every day.
- Please ensure sun cream is applied before school. We are unable to apply sun cream in school.
- Please ensure your child’s book bag and reading book comes into school with them every day. Books will be changed daily.
- TT Rock star logins were sent home for the year 2’s. Please endeavour to log on regularly to practise, it’s great fun!!
- Mrs Lyon and Mrs McCarthy- Thursday and Friday.
- Mrs Hanlon - Thursday and Friday
- Miss Mawby - Wednesday and Friday
The children have worked hard to transform their empty shoe boxes into wonderful animal habitats. They thought about what the environment would look like as well as the animals they'd find there. I'm sure you'll agree, they're great!
We are delighted with our new playground markings, many thanks to the PTA for securing the grant in order to fund this project. The markings have really enhanced our outdoor area, and have already been used a lot to support the children's learning.
Now the weather has brightened up we have had lots of fun learning in our outside area. The activities are all linked to our weekly learning, but give children the opportunity to explore and further their own understandings independently.
Year 1 Maths
This week in maths we have had lots of fun exploring money! We began by looking at the coins and ordering them from lowest to highest value, before finding totals and selecting the correct coins to pay in our shop. We also went digging for treasure and adding together the coins we found to see who had discovered the most.
year 1 Maths June 2021Year 1 Phonics Workshop 2021
Since returning to school, the year 1 children have had great fun exploring measurement in maths. They have used a range of practical activities to develop their language around length, weight and capacity and have used vocabulary such as longer, shorter, heavier, lighter, full and empty. They have made estimations as well as simple comparisons between objects, and begun to use a range of non standard units of measurement, such as cubes and counters.
year 1/2 Exploring measurement in maths16th December 2020
The children have all been working really hard designing, sewing and creating their wonderful hand puppets. Please take a look at our pictures!
4th December 2020
In year 1 and 2 this week we have been learning a poem called Voices of Water. We have performed the poem in groups, written our own versions, created some underwater art using wax crayons and made paper plate jellyfish!
Year 1 and 2 had fun this week designing their own odd socks for anti-bullying!
11th December 2020
Year 1 and 2 have been designing hand puppets in our Design and Technology lessons. This week we have started sewing them! The children have really enjoyed learning a new skill'.