|Mrs H Lyon (M-W), Mrs E McCarthy (T-F)||Mrs W. Clarke|
|Miss L Mawby||Mrs A. Fox|
|Mrs K Hanlon||Mrs R. Wiggins (HLTA)|
This term we are going to be looking at traditional tales. We will be retelling and acting out familiar stories before writing our own versions. We will also be looking at the Kings and Queens of England by exploring timelines and historical changes. In Science we will be making the most of the changing weather and our outside area by planting and growing our own beanstalks! We will be thinking about what a plant needs in order to grow and caring for our plants to see what conditions are best
Reminders and Routines
- Read at least 3 times per week with an adult at home.
- Practice counting in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Friday - please check the year 1/2 home learning platform to find this week's homework
- Please remember to bring a water bottle and a healthy morning snack to school every day.
- The children's reading books will be changed on a Friday. Therefore their bookbags only need to come into school on this day. All the children will continue to read to adults regularly during the week, using the books we have in school.
- Mrs Lyon and Mrs McCarthy- Wednesday and Thursday.
- Mrs Hanlon - Wednesday and Friday
- Miss Mawby -Thursday and Friday
16th December 2020
The children have all been working really hard designing, sewing and creating their wonderful hand puppets. Please take a look at our pictures!
4th December 2020
In year 1 and 2 this week we have been learning a poem called Voices of Water. We have performed the poem in groups, written our own versions, created some underwater art using wax crayons and made paper plate jellyfish!
Year 1 and 2 had fun this week designing their own odd socks for anti-bullying!
11th December 2020
Year 1 and 2 have been designing hand puppets in our Design and Technology lessons. This week we have started sewing them! The children have really enjoyed learning a new skill'.