|Mrs M Gibson||Mrs J Webb (HLTA)|
|Mrs M Perkins||Mrs R Walford|
|Mrs S McEwan|
19th March 2021
The children spent two days undertaking a variety of activities to comprehend the importance of Fair Trade - these included cooking, playing a board game, making a fortune teller and creating a leaflet.
On World Book Day, we read a booked called "Silly Billy" where Billy learnt to share his worries with a set of worry dolls that he made. In school, we created our own version of the story in a mini book and made worry dolls of our own.
year 6 World Book Day25th January 2021
The children in Year 6 have been busy designing logos for our new Erasmus project- Climate Heroes- Let's Save the Planet featuring 5 superhero characters called Earth Force Five. The children across the school got the chance to vote on their favourite design and after a very close race, the winner was Airon in 6MG. Her design will now go forward to compete with the winning designs from our partner schools in Poland, Lithuania, Italy and Serbia. Well done to all those who entered their designs- they were creative and showed a lot of effort.
Our current topic is All's Quiet on the Western Front. We will be looking at the causes and impact of World War One and finding out about life in the trenches and on the home front. This will link in with our English work where we will be reading Michael Morpurgo's War Horse and some WW1 poetry.
We will be reading the book Holes by Louis Sachar and learning about Fair Trade when we return to school in March.
Reminders and Routines
- Children should be reading at least 5 times a week - please ask them to tell you what they are reading about.
- Children should be practising their time tables - including the related division facts. This could be done using Time Tables Rockstars.
- Children should be learning their spellings every day so that they are known "for life".
- When they come to school, they need to bring a water bottle, their reading book and blue spelling books.
- Take time during the week to complete their homework - they will get a piece of Maths and English each week. You can always check what homework has been set by looking in Google Classroom.
- Children will have the chance to change their reading book on a Thursday. Reading records will also be collected in on Thursdays
- PE will take place on Wednesday and Friday.
- Children should come to school dressed in thier PE Kit.
Learning Topic Pictures
We will add more as the year progresses.