|Mrs M Gibson||Mrs J Webb (HLTA)|
|Mrs M Perkins||Mrs R Walford|
|Mrs S McEwan|
14th July 2021
The Year 6 production of A Midsummer Night's Dream is available for you to watch. Your child will be bringing home a programme for you to use while viewing. Enjoy!
19th March 2021
The children spent two days undertaking a variety of activities to comprehend the importance of Fair Trade - these included cooking, playing a board game, making a fortune teller and creating a leaflet.
On World Book Day, we read a booked called "Silly Billy" where Billy learnt to share his worries with a set of worry dolls that he made. In school, we created our own version of the story in a mini book and made worry dolls of our own.
year 6 World Book Day25th January 2021
The children in Year 6 have been busy designing logos for our new Erasmus project- Climate Heroes- Let's Save the Planet featuring 5 superhero characters called Earth Force Five. The children across the school got the chance to vote on their favourite design and after a very close race, the winner was Airon in 6MG. Her design will now go forward to compete with the winning designs from our partner schools in Poland, Lithuania, Italy and Serbia. Well done to all those who entered their designs- they were creative and showed a lot of effort.
This is a really busy half term as we prepare the children for leaving primary school!
Over the next few weeks we will be:
Filming our end of year production
Learning all about how to keep ourselves safe and how to avoid getting into trouble
Thinking about the transition to secondary school
Undertaking our lessons about Sex Education
Starting to understand Financial Maths
Completing our final gatherings for the school with our teachers
At the same time we will continue our normal lessons across the Curriculum including reading , “The Boy at the Back of the Class”, consolidating our knowledge of areas of Maths including: percentages, angles and time and completing our work on World War 1.
Reminders and Routines
- Children should be reading at least 5 times a week - please ask them to tell you what they are reading about.
- Children should be practising their time tables - including the related division facts. This could be done using Time Tables Rockstars.
- Children should be learning their spellings every day so that they are known "for life".
- When they come to school, they need to bring a water bottle, their reading book and blue spelling books.
- Take time during the week to complete their homework - they will get a piece of Maths and English each week. You can always check what homework has been set by looking in Google Classroom.
- Children will have the chance to change their reading book on a Thursday. Reading records will also be collected in on Thursdays
- PE will take place on Tuesday and Friday.
- Children should come to school dressed in thier PE Kit.
Learning Topic Pictures
We will add more as the year progresses.