Teacher Mrs C Burrell
Teacher Mrs M Walbyoff
Teaching Assistant Mrs L Curtis
Teaching Assistant Mrs D Hitchcock
Teaching Assistant Miss R Rayfield
At Glory Farm Primary, we are very fortunate to be able to offer our Reception children a fantastic open plan space with a large outdoor learning environment in which to start their first year in school.
Children enter our Reception classes in the September after their 4th birthday.
We run our Reception classes as a unit, using the skills and expertise of all of our experienced EYFS staff to ensure the very best outcomes for all children. We encourage independence from the very first day as we believe this paves the way for a successful learning journey for your child.
Our exploration and learning provision is planned for using on-going observations and assessments of children’s interests, knowledge and skills in each of the 7 areas of the EYFS Curriculum. No two days look the same in our unit, as we are continuously reflecting, reviewing and adapting our provision to suit the needs of all children.
We pride ourselves on working very closely with our families and welcome you to get as involved as you can in your child’s experience of Reception with us here at Glory Farm Primary School.
If you would like to meet the team and see the wonderful provision we can offer your child, please get in touch with the school office on 01869 244050 to arrange a visit.
Current Topic - I wonder what is special?
This term's topic is based around Personal, Social and Emotional Development; our children will be learning all about different emotions and how they may make them feel. They will have the opportunity to learn and take part in different games during our PE sessions. Children will be exploring and identifying different forms of technology and how to safely use them.
To support our learning this term our English texts will be 'Pigs Big Feelings' by Kelly Bourne and 'All about feelings' by Felicity Brooks.
Last term, Reception learnt the song 'Big Red Combine Harvester' as part of our Harvest celebrations!
We have been learning Makaton in class and learnt the sign for the colour red. Please click here to watch the video
10th November 2023
This week in maths, Reception has been learning about repeating patterns. We had a go and created our own repeating pattern using counters and cubes. Click here to view the photos
Our PE Days will be Tuesday and Thursday. Children should come into school in their PE Kit on these days each week.
Reminders and Routine
- Children should be provided with a healthy snack and water bottle everyday.
- Please ensure all personal items are named.
- Children should be encouraged to develop their independence by doing as much for themselves as possible. This can include putting on their own coat, changing their shoes, tidying away their belongings and toys and helping their grown-ups at home.
- To ensure the safety of all children we request that they are wearing appropriate footwear - this means children should be able to put their own shoes on and be able to tie their own laces if wearing laced shoes.
- Please provide your child with a named raincoat, spare clothes and a pair of wellies
Websites To Support Learning
Reception Newsletters 22/23