Teacher Mrs M Gibson
Teacher Miss N Coker
Teaching Assistant Mrs J Webb (HLTA)
Current Topic - ‘Who Were the Maya.’
This term, our topic will be ‘Who Were the Maya?’ We will be learning about where the Maya came from and what their everyday lives were like. In English, our text is ‘Rain Player, which is linked to our history work’.
In maths, we will be focusing on measuring, multiplication and subtraction. Also, we will be continuing to practise our times tables regularly.
The focus for DT is Mayan temples and in science, we will be learning about Sound.
- Daily reading for approximately 20 minutes
- Times tables practice through TT Rockstars and Top Marks
- Practice your spellings ready for our test on a Friday
- Bring a water bottle
- Bring a coat to school every day
- Children will have the chance to change their reading book on a Friday. Reading records will also be collected in on Fridays. Please aim to record in these diaries at least 5 times throughout the week.
P.E. will take place on Monday and Friday. Children should come to school wearing their PE kits.
Please send your child in with a water bottle and wearing the appropriate P.E. uniform as outlined in our policy.
Websites to Support Learning
Year 4 Newsletters 2023/2024